Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Homemade Photo Light-Box

After having spent a lot of time trying to find good places to shoot photos of my woodturnings, and after having watched Dennis Clayton of our club (a professional photographer) show us how to use a light box to photograph our work, I decided I ought to give it a try.  I found some useful suggestions in a blog at http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html, and employed pretty much that approach in constructing my box, which is much larger than his.  As you'll see in the photos below, my box consists of (1) a large cardboard carton (mine is 25" x 25" x 25"); (2) tracing paper to make the "windows"; and (3) artists/poster board for the shooting background.  All else is pretty much self-evident.  Here's what it looks like - and the next three posts (and probably many more) show the results. You can decide for yourselves if you like this better than the photos with "background."



DSC04022

 



DSC04020

 



DSC04021

 


No comments: