Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Cherry Burl Vase

I turned this vase, which measures 7" tall x 4" across at the rim, from a section of cherry burl branch that I won at the club Christmas party.  As you can see, there were a number of bark inclusions and other irregularities (typical of cherry burl), which made the piece somewhat tricky to turn, but also very interesting when completed.  I also added some copper colored Inlace in some of the openings and fragile areas, to give them a little more support, and also to provide another unusual visual element.   Finish: Watco Danish Oil Finish. For dried flowers only - don't try to put water in it!











No comments: