Tuesday, March 06, 2012

My Review of 3-1/8-in Velcro-Faced Intermediate Disc

Originally submitted at CPO Metabo

3-1/8" Velco-Faced Intermediate Disc - 624061000


Works very well; but how durable??

By Doug F from Middleton, WI on 3/6/2012

 

4out of 5

Pros: Just the right softness, Easy To Use, Good Grip

Best Uses: In The Workshop, Power sanding on lathe

Describe Yourself: Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

I principally use this disc as an intermediate pad between the Metabo sander and the sandpaper when power sanding on my lathe. It provides just the desired degree of softness/support when sanding curved surfaces, as on a larger bowl. I have only praise for its performance. My only hesitation in recommending this disc is that on my first disc the sponge rubber middle deteriorated and came apart in what seemed like a very short time. It may be I overheated it, but to be useful it should be able to withstand a lot of sanding-type heat without self-destructing. I'm on my second one now, and we'll see how it lasts.

(legalese)

No comments: